Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Lidice Rose

I called this Lidice rose because I based it from a reference photo of a rose which I took from Lidice, a place in the Czech Republic where a memorial dedicated for the Nazi massacre victims is located. The village is about 20 kilometers away from Prague. The victims are said to be more than 300 which include children, men and women. I was in the area last 8 June 2009. The memorial place has a beautiful garden  full of different kinds of roses.

This painting is 18 x 24 cm or approximately 7 x 9.5 inches.

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    My name is Robert Porter, and have been to Lidice many times, and met and interviewed some of the survivors

    Most of the men in Lidice where not farmers but worked in the steel works or the mines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert,
    Thanks for correcting my story. I think I have to read more about what happened in Lidice. The park was cleanly managed, isn't it? I also visited the camp in Terezin. And other concentration camps in Germany, Holland, Austria and my next visit will be in Auswitz in Poland. Thanks for visiting and commenting.
    And I think I have to make another painting of the rose, I was just learning to paint when I did this painting.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome.