Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

Our April tulip and France trip


It has been more than one and a half month now since I last posted in my blog. And as usual the reason is my love for travelling. 
We were in a farm in Saulieu, France for a couple of weeks. While in the farm, we did a lot of things including walking around, helping feed the cows or just observing them, reading while sitting on a hammock or on a chair under the trees, had also bonfire and some visits to the supermarkets. July 14 is a 'bastille day' in France, so we had also enjoyed the fireworks celebration in that day. After the farm, we also visited other cities of France like Laon, Tonnerre, Chateauneuf, Langres, Metz and some small villages. I had enjoyed every bit of our trip and hopefully from the photographs I took, a couple of paintings will come out.

I don't combine my travel with sketching or any painting project, so I don't have new sketches or painting to post here. The tulip above was my last painting I worked on. And that was on 28 June, the last day of our painting club before it began its yearly vacation period from July to August. I can see that the leaves of the tulip need to be glazed further, so I will do that later. Have a nice artful summer days to everyone. Thank you for your visit.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cora,
    Well, it sounds like you have been really enjoying your travels.
    Your tulip watercolor is just beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more of your art work.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cora your tulip painting is so beautiful. As for your traveling it sounds like you got to see some lovely spots. Glad you are back. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Cora! Long time no see!.... You are so lucky to be able to travel like this, thanks for sharing and bravo for your beautiful roses. I have seen many on your last posts and I réalise you have a special love and talent for flowers. Have a nice autumn season and happy painting!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome.