Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Golden delicious

Let me tell you where I got these apples. Last July, while we were driving back to the Netherlands from our holiday in France, somewhere along the way in Neufchateau, we stopped at Lidl supermarket to buy something to eat. Inside, I saw a container of super fresh golden delicious apples and decided to buy some pieces of them. At Campanile hotel Pont-a-Mousson (France) where we stayed for a night, while we were relaxing after dinner, we craved for apples.  We didn't order dessert in the hotel's restaurant because I thought having apples is a healthier option. But before I could let the apples to be eaten, I took photos of them which I later used as reference in this simple painting. 

I hope all of you are enjoying the holiday season. 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Cora - these look lovely. What a special memory too. I am sure every time you see this painting you will be reminded of your vacation. Take care and have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've come a long way :-) Luckily you took a photo before eating them, nice and clean painting, vey modern .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi verhaal en een mooie schildering Cora !
    groetjes van Simonne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome.