Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

A practice in wet and wet


I paint usually in wet on dry technique. Wet and wet technique for me is a little bit tricky. So to be comfortable with this technique, I think I need more practice. The above image of an active volcano in Asia is a little practice I did last weekend. It is not totally a disaster, I thought. I noticed that if I want to have good result from wet and wet technique I need to work fast. My experience in this exercise was that some section of my paper was already drying when I was still working half way in the painting.

2 comments:

  1. Wet in wet is very difficult, I have to practise that more too. Your painting is not a disaster, the greens and blues look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, so we're classmates with regards to wet in wet. Thanks for your positive comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome.